Commonwealth Internship Program 2013: Apply!
Deadline: January 8, 2013
The Commonwealth Foundation is looking for an Intern to work in one of their Programme Areas. The internship will support the activities of this area, including working on an International Forum to strengthen Civil Society – multi-lateral relations and key organisations post Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and case study analysis.
Salary range: £50 / day (allowance)
Location: London, UK
Type: 5 days per week
Duration: 1 year
The individual should have excellent administrative skills, excellent analytical skills and a knowledge of the development arena.
- To work closely with the Programme Officer responsible for the Millennium Development Goals Breaking Point project to support the delivery of key outputs.
- Be familiarised with recent and important publications and discussions on the MDGs and post-2015 agenda and share the information periodically with the staff team.
- Support the programme team working closely with a key partner to deliver a joint International Forum to strengthen Civil Society – Multilateral Relations in the Commonwealth, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, and the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie.
- Work closely with the team to research key issues related to youth and development, women’s leadership for enterprise (and other topical issues as requested) and support the development of the agendas for key partners forums.
- Among other duties in the ‘click here’ link
He/She will also;
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting cycle of the Foundation which includes identifying outcomes, outputs and indicators related to projects and initiatives of the Foundation.
- To contribute to the documentation and sharing of lessons learned and incorporation in project reports, publications and appropriate presentation materials.
- To promote the values and aims of the Commonwealth.
- To support colleagues in delivering the Foundation’s objectives, including assisting in events and initiatives that fall outside the direct responsibilities of this post.
- To represent the Foundation at meetings, functions and events, some of which may occur outside normal office hours and may involve long-distance travel.
- To perform any other reasonable duties and tasks as requested by the Foundation.
- To ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their CV, cover letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form using the “Apply now” box on the right of this page, by the deadline stated above.
If you have any queries please contact Diane Smith, HR Manager on 020 7747 6568.
For more information, click here.