#iwant2work4africa – World Bank Social Media Internship: Apply!
Deadline: On rolling basis
Are you smart, creative and innovative? Do you see Africa as a continent on the move? Are you also currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree university program? Then this opportunity is for you.
The World Bank’s Africa team is looking for two social media interns who are creative, smart, and committed to excellence, to help them achieve their mission to reduce poverty and create opportunity for the people of Africa.
These paid interns will join the World Bank’s Africa Communications unit, a team of hardworking professionals, who love Africa and want to see it thrive and grow.
To Get Started
- Follow @WorldBankAfrica or @BM_Afrique and tweet your response to this phrase: #iwant2work4africa because…
- Based on your response and if you make it to round 2, you will be sent a Direct Message with additional instructions
- An internship at World Bank headquarters in Washington DC
- A monthly stipend
What You’ll Be Doing
- Conceptualizing new ways for the World Bank Africa to engage in social networks
- Adding a more “social layer” to the World Bank Africa’s corporate websites
- Helping manage blogs
- Writing social media press releases
- Tweeting from @WorldBankAfrica and @BM_Afrique
- Engaging with fans on the World Bank Africa Facebook pages and Livestream channel
- Sharing World Bank-produced multimedia, blogs, and other material on social networks
You Should Apply If…
- You’re a student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree university program, or the equivalent
- You have a deep knowledge and understanding of social media tools – including bookmarking, tagging, tweeting, blogging, etc. – and you use them regularly
- You’re an excellent writer
- You speak English or French fluently
Contact: [email protected]
For more information, click here.