India NGO Awards 2012-13: Apply!
Deadline: February 28, 2013
GuideStar India is pleased to invite applications for the India NGO Awards 2012-13. The Awards is a joint venture of the Rockefeller Foundation, EdelGive Foundation and the Resource Alliance.
The Awards aim to advance the country’s non-profit sector by promoting financial and organisational sustainability and strengthening community support of civil society. They seek to:
- Promote good standards and practices in resource mobilization, accountability and transparency
- Recognize and celebrate excellence in the non-profit sector
- Identify and strengthen successful resource mobilization practices
- Create examples and inspiration for other non-profit organisations and promote cross-regional learning
- Promote the overall credibility of the non-profit sector for long term sustainability.
Benefits for NGOs
- Free participation for applicants in workshops on resource mobilization communication, governance and financial management that will be organised across the country. Registration is on first come first served basis. Workshops will be held in Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata in January & February 2013
- All finalists will be profiled in a casebook, which is disseminated at the Awards ceremony and through the Resource Alliance website
- Finalists will be offered 10 days of one-to-one mentoring to strengthen their internal systems and processes
- The three national winners will receive a trophy and cash prize of Rs 4,00,000 to be used to strengthen their internal systems and processes
- Two Rising Star Award winners will each receive a trophy.
- All organisations registered in India as Trusts, Societies and Section 25 companies that have been working for a minimum of three years on social and environmental transformation are eligible.
- Organisations that propagate political or religious doctrines are excluded from participation.
- National Award Winners from the last two years are not eligible to apply. However, previous finalists are eligible to apply.
Organisations shortlisted in the second stage of the competition will be requested to send a Statement of Support describing how:
- their work is innovative,
- can be scaled up and is replicable,
- highlights measures and practices for collaboration,
- ensures that there is diversity in approach and scope
For more information, click here.