Hasbro Community Action Heroes: Nominate!
Deadline: February 20, 2013
Nominations are invited for the Hasbro Community Action Heroes. Do you know a young person between the ages of 5 and 18 who has done remarkable community service in the past 12 months? GenerationOn is accepting nominations!
The Hasbro Community Action Hero Award recognizes outstanding young volunteers who show that you are never too young to make a difference in your local or global community. Hasbro Children’s Fund and generationOn will celebrate five young people between the ages of 5 and 18 for their extraordinary community service and volunteer activities at a special recognition event in New York City and award each winner a $1,000 educational scholarship.
A Hasbro Community Action Hero is a young person who makes an extraordinary mark on the world through service. The nominee’s achievements must demonstrate one or more of the following characteristics:
- Outstanding service to one’s local, national or global community
- Extraordinary effort in creating innovative solutions to community needs
- Leadership of an exceptional service or advocacy activity
- Be enrolled in school (grade K-12) and age 5-18 at time of nomination
- Be a resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia
- Be available to travel on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013 (tentative) for a special, expense-paid, event in New York City
Nominations are open only to residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 5-18 years old and in grades K-12 at the time of nomination. Winner and a parent/guardian must be available to attend the expense-paid recognition event in New York City on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013 (tentative). A parent/guardian must give consent to participate and accompany the winner to New York City.
- Recognition by generationOn and Hasbro Children’s Fund
- Travel and lodging for the awardee and one parent or guardian to attend the recognition event on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013 (tentative) in New York City
- Inclusion is a national press release as well as opportunities for additional local or national media attention
- Educational scholarship in the amount of $1,000 provided by Hasbro Children’s Fund to the awardee
For more information, click here.