Deadline: May 31, 2013
Do you know any person above 18 years, groups or families looking for how and where to spend their 2013 summer? If so, tell them to apply for the AFFCAD 5th Summer Work Camp.
Action For Fundamental Change and Development (AFFCAD), a non profit community based organisation helping to mitigate the impacts of HIV/AID and Poverty in the slum areas of Kampala Uganda is organizing the 5th Summer Work Camp to help construct a block of 4 classrooms at Excel Education Centre. The school is supporting over 200 HIV/AIDS orphans and vulnerable children in Bwaise, the most deprived slum area in Kampala Uganda. The dilapidated community school is in a sorry state with wooden classrooms and rusty iron sheets that leak whenever it rains.
Applications are open from March 1 until May 31, 2013.
Applicants must be:
- 18 and above years (Participants under 18 must have a care taker or guardian)
- Open minded, with a positive attitude and warm hearts.
- Desire to help HIV/AIDS infected and affected orphans and their families.
- Flexible, willing to take up various tasks, taste local foods, share his/her experiences and with the ability to accept and adapt to living in simple conditions
- Ready to do light and heavy manual work on the project
- Proficient in English
- Able to participate in all the one month long activities in Bwaise, Slums Kampala Uganda from 4th July to 4th August. 2013
If you believe that “Every Child Deserves a Clean and Safe Study Environment” then Apply today!
Help us to ensure people everywhere achieve the greatest possible impact—please share this opportunity with your contacts!
For more details, Interested participants should send an email to the AFFCAD Volunteer Service Program at e-mail: [email protected] or call +256773736956, +256755149932, +256779649125, +256392859254.
For more information, click here.