Enter for the 2013/14 Vevey International Photo Award of up to €33,000
Deadline: March 15th 2013
Festival Images is inviting artists and photographers to enter the Vevey International Photo Award. The award is another round of Festival Images’ project competition which seeks to provide grants of up to CHF 40,000 (around € 33,000) to help projects that have not been realised, and bring a photography or film initiative to completion. This competition represents a unique form of support for contemporary original works, with a free choice of subject matter and genre.
The visual arts Festival Images is the first open-air photography festival of Switzerland. Every two years, it produces unseen monumental photography exhibitions in the streets of Vevey and also proposes numerous exhibitions in various regional institutions dedicated to the image. The festival is also an opportunity to introduce the winning projects of the two competitions it organizes: the Vevey International Photo Award and the European First Film Award.
- Winning entries will receive grant of up to CHF 40,000 (around € 33,000)
- There is also the potential to win other prizes and receive exhibitions proposals at Quai1 or during the Festival Images.
End of April 2013, a jury of visual arts professionals will choose the projects that will be supported by the Festival. The winning projects will be realised within the following year and previewed at the next Festival Images in September 2014.
- The Vevey International Photo Award 2013/2014 is open to all artists, and professional or student photographers
- The submitted project must be fully feasible within14 months from when the competition results are announced.
- Only one project per participant is accepted.
- During this registration, the applicant must submit a short text in English which presents the project and upload 5 images relating to the project or presenting the applicant’s style. If the applicant receives a prize or honours, these images must be copyright free for the communication and promotion of the competition as well as for communication by partners of the said honours uniquely as part of its partnership with the Festival Images.
For more information, click here.