Apply to the Andi Leadership Institute for Young Women
Deadline: March 15, 2013
Are you a young woman between 18 and 22 years? Have you demonstrated engagement as a leader in a school, faith organisation or local community? If you answered yes, then this program is for you. The Andi Leadership Institute is accepting applications for its 3-week long seminar.
With the goal to develop, connect and mentor young women peace-builders, the Andi Leadership Institute for Young Women seeks to equip the next generation of young, female peace-builders with the necessary conflict resolution and leadership skills during their formative years, providing them with greater access to peace negotiations and leadership positions in the future.
The Institute will launch its pilot program in August 2013 through a three-week long seminar with 8 young women, both international and domestic, in Washington, D.C. Following the seminar, participants will be placed in a three-month internship in their home communities.
Participants are invited to apply if they are:
- Young women between 18-22 years are invited to apply
- Have demonstrated engagement as leaders in working with school, faith community, and/or a local organization
- Interested and enthusiastic to develop relationships with other female delegates throughout the three-week seminar
- Willing to listen to and understand different perspectives than own
- Able to understand and communicate in English
For more information, click here.