Deadline: April 19, 2013
Applications are invited for the Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards, a global, online competition that encourages youth to creatively express their vision for driving positive change in local communities. The awards aims to ignite creative confidence in youth around the world by empowering them to find their voice and make it heard.
Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards invites youth to explore issues that are important to them, and to present potential solutions through photo essays, music videos, and other forms of visual storytelling. Youth participants team up with adult educators and submit original, high-quality content for online viewing and voting. Finalist entries are judged by a diverse panel of professionals working in art, film, and other creative fields, and also by the general public through social media engagement.
Winning projects receive software, hardware, opportunities to advance creative ideas toward implementation, and other prizes Additionally, their entries are featured at distinguished exhibitions, including international film festivals and other arts organization events.
First Prize – For School/Organization will receive-
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tabs 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 16GB
- 3 copies of Adobe CS Production Premium Suite
- Trip to the Adobe Youth Voices Summit in California – One qualified student and one educator
Youth artist(s) will receive-
- $2,000.00 donation to a charity of choice
Second Prize – For School/Organization will receive-
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tabs 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 16GB
- 2 copies of Adobe CS Production Premium Suite
Youth artist(s) will receive
- $1,000.00 donation to a charity of choice
- $1,000.00 cash prize (per project)
Audience Award – School/Organization will receive-
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 16GB
- 1 copy of Adobe CS Production Premium Suite
Youth artist(s) will receive-
- $500.00 donation to a charity of choice
- $500.00 cash prize (per project)
- Youth ages 13-19 are eligible to participate by teaming up with adult educators who are from any school or youth organization worldwide.
- Educators can work in formal or informal educational settings (classroom, youth center, NGO, etc). In order to submit media, all educators are welcome to register with Adobe Youth Voices Essentials at no cost.
- If you are an educator affiliated to Adobe Youth Voices through one of our partner organizations please submit your media via the Adobe Youth Voices online community.
The competition offers eight standard content categories representing various forms of visual storytelling. A ninth category – the Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge – invites entrants to develop a video proposal for a project they would like to launch in their local community.
The deadline to submit content produced in 2013, including all Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards UNICEF Challenge entries, and the submission is April 19, 2013.
For more information, click here.