Apply to the Grameen Foundation Fellowship Programme
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Grameen Foundation invites applications from volunteers for its 2013 Fellowship Programme. The foundation helps the world’s poorest to improve their lives and escape poverty by providing them with access to appropriate financial services, life-changing information and unique income-generating opportunities. Grameen believes that together, we are a global force fighting poverty and invited you to become a Grameen Foundation Fellow.
The Grameen Foundation Fellowship program benefits include:
- Hands-on field experience on assignments tailored to match your skills and interests with the needs of our local field offices in Latin America, Africa, and Asia
- 1 year program, starting this summer
- Inaugural class will contain up to 10 fellows
- Pre-departure training, ongoing support and professional development opportunities
- Local living stipend included*
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in global development and social innovation on projects that make a difference in the lives of the poor. Join the innovation, on the ground.
- The Fellowship Program is open to both US and foreign applicants.
- Applicants must have at least three years of applicable work experience or one year of work experience
- They must have an advanced degree to be eligible to apply.
- English fluency is required for all fellows; Spanish fluency is required for all placements in Latin America and the Caribbean.
All fellows will receive a stipend to cover their living expenses and lodging during their placement. Fellows are responsible for health insurance, airfare, and visa costs. Visa assistance may be available depending on legal requirements of individual countries
For more information, click here.