Deadline: April 29, 2013
Applications are now open for the next Bethnal Green Ventures (BGV) summer programme taking place from July-September 2013. Bethnal Green Ventures is an accelerator programme for technology startups working on things that matter. If you are an early-stage technology startup, tackling a social or environmental problem, BGV is looking for you. If selected they will invest £15,000 in return for 6% equity in your company.
- Bethnal Green Ventures aims to find and support the most talented startup founders and help them create technology based solutions to the world’s most pressing social and environmental problems.
- The idea must have the potential to help millions of people somewhere along the line.
They want to connect the small teams of founders we select to experienced people who have done it before and who are keen to help more people do the same. Their network of founders includes engineers, designers and entrepreneurs as well as people with personal experience and expertise in the problems we’re trying to solve.
If you are selected for BGV they will
- invest £15,000 in your startup in exchange for 6% equity;
- run a three month support programme to help you hone your idea and connect you with the people to make it happen;
- introduce you to their large network of mentors, investors and customers and provide six months of central London office space.
How to Participate
Tell BVP why the problem you’re solving is important but here are a few themes to give you some idea of the kind of problems they think are interesting:
- The health and wellbeing of an ageing population
- The educational attainment and employability of children and young people
- The social and environmental sustainability of communities
For more information, click here.