Apply to attend the 18th New Faces Conference in Tunisia 2013
Deadline: April 7, 2013
Applications are invited from eligible candidates to participate in upcoming 18th New Faces Conference on “Education
and Democracy in North Africa – Current Challenges and Visions for the Future”. The conference which is scheduled to hold from 13 – 16 June 2013 in Tunis, Tunisia
The conference is a project of the EU-Middle East Forum, a program for the advancement of Young Professionals at the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP). It is carried out in close cooperation with the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the German Federal Foreign Office, the Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations (ifa), the Kawakibi Democracy Transition Center (KADEM), and the Freie Universität Berlin Cairo Office.
- Be a Young Professional aged around 27-35
- You should come from Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Germany, the UK, France, Spain, Italy, or Greece.
- Have approximately two to four years of professional work experience in academia, politics, the private sector, and civil society organizations such as research centers, NGOs or the media, who deal with political issues related to the topic of the conference.
Benefits of Participating
Once you have participated in one of EUMEF’s events, you become part of a network that receives information on professional activities of other alumni, grants, scholarships, and other similar programs. Every two years, all alumni of EUMEF meet in Berlin for a reunion.
- The working language during the conference is English.
- The organizers will cover accommodation and provide for travel subsidies based on the country of residence (maximum: 550€ for participants from the EU, 400€ for participants from Turkey, Morocco or Egypt).
Contact: In case you have any further questions, contact [email protected]
Note: Please read the Call for Applications as well as the Application Form carefully as they explain the details of the application procedure and the conference before applying.
Download Application Form
For more information, click here.