Entries Invited for the CNN African Journalist of the Year Award
Deadline: April 17, 2013
Entries are now invited for the African Journalist of the Year Award. Officially launched by CNN International and MultiChoice, the awards recognizes and encourages the effort of Journalists across Africa. The 2013 CNN African Journalist Competition is the most prestigious and respected Award for journalists across the African Continent. Its objective is to reinforce the importance of the role of journalists in Africa’s development and to reward, recognize and encourage journalistic talent across all media disciplines.
- You must be an African National, working on the continent for African owned, or headquartered, media organisations.
- Your work must have appeared in printed publications or electronic media that is primarily targeted at and received by an African audience.
The panel of independent, highly respected and experienced judges are in pursuit of excellence. They will be looking for entries which:
- Tell the story in a balanced, comprehensive and objective manner
- Demonstrate journalistic integrity and resourcefulness
- Communicate the story in a way that makes the topic accessible and relevant to their audience
- Display well organised research and insight
- Was broadcast or published, in English, French or Portuguese only, between January and December 2012 with proof supplied
- The journalists selected will enjoy an all expenses paid finalists’ programme of networking activities and workshops, culminating in the Gala Awards Ceremony.
- Each finalist will receive a cash prize, with each category winner also receiving a laptop computer and printer.
- The CNN MultiChoice African Journalist 2013 Award winner will be selected from the category winners and will receive an additional cash prize and will have the opportunity to participate in the CNN Journalism Fellowship at CNN Headquarters in Atlanta.
Note: Entries must be received at the collection points by 17th April 2013, no exceptions will be made. Entries received after this date may be disqualified. NO EXTENSION WILL BE MADE TO THIS DATE.
For more information, click here.