Deadline: May 17, 2013
Entries are invited from students worldwide for the KODAK Student Scholarship Award. In addition, there will be a Student Cinematography Scholarship Award . Each of the awards include cash tuition prize along with KODAK Film Product grants to assist recipients with future projects.
Colleges and Universities worldwide that offer a degree or diploma program in film, film production, or cinematography may participate by nominating up to
- two students each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Scholarship Award and
- one cinematography student each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Cinematography Scholarship Award.
- The cinematography student nominee may also be nominated for the KODAK Student Scholarship Award.
- Entries must be completed works that communicate a story or theme in some fashion — no clips or short vignettes.
- Eligible institutions are colleges and universities in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belize, Benelux, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Guyana, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Each institution may nominate up to two students each year for consideration for the KODAK Student Scholarship Award.
- College student nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2012 – 2013 academic year and planning to enroll for the 2013 – 2014 academic year in a film school’s degree or diploma program.
Student Scholarship applicants will be judged based on:
- professional filmmaking potential
- academic excellence
- the overall quality of the work submitted, with particular attention to expression, interpretation and construction of the visual image.
Judges will make the final decision. The names of the winners may be published on the website at www.kodak.com/go/motion. The winners film entry will be screened at the annual UFVA Conference.
For more information, click here.