LDI Africa Program Manager Intern Needed in Washington D.C.
Deadline: April 30, 2013
LDI Africa is looking for a Program Manager Intern to help coordinate and oversee application and placement processes for their Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP). The Program Manager Intern position is an unpaid volunteer opportunity based in Washington D.C. with a strong possibility to be a paid position upon satisfactory performance.
Location: 1825 K Street, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20006, United States
About LDI Africa
LDI Africa is a nonprofit social enterprise (headquartered in Washington D.C., with operations across Africa) that advances socioeconomic development in Africa by connecting African professionals and organizations to the global marketplace through skilled volunteer service. More info at www.ldiafrica.org
About Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program
The Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP) seeks to strengthen private institutions on the African continent through the service of global skilled young professionals. LDI Africa provides these professionals pro bono consulting opportunities with Africa’s leading investment firms (venture capital, private equity and impact investing firms) to match financial capital invested in Africa’s emerging businesses with the necessary human capital to scale.
- Source quality EIFP candidates; vet applications; interview applicants and place successful candidates at host organizations across Africa.
- Support host organizations’ and strategic partners’ recruitment efforts.
- Attend to Fellow and Host Organization inquiries and requests.
- Assist CEO project manage and impliment logistics for EIFP Washington D.C. spring orientation.
- Manage LDI Africa’s social media strategy and accounts – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Blogs and Newsletter.
- Support the LDI Africa’s fundraising efforts, this include crowd-funding, grant applications, donors research and corporate sponsorship programs.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree and 1 year of work experience
- Program management and event planning experience is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and remotely (very important)
- Must be a self-starter and able to make own schedule
- Proficiency in Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability with social media
- Experience with Adobe Suite/Graphic Design is preferred
- Available for 20 hours a week, more hours are encouraged but not compulsory
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references to Carlos Morla at [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more information, click here.