Applications invited for the “Living Together Peacefully in a Diverse World” Prize
Deadline: April 25, 2013
Non-for-profit organisations from eligible countries are invited to apply for the “Living Together Peacefully in a Diverse World” Prize. The “Living Together Peacefully in a Diverse World” Prize seeks outstanding projects that have proven positive results and are protecting and enhancing cultural diversity.
The Government of Azerbaijan is partnering with the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) to organize the 2nd World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue: “Living Together Peacefully in a Diverse World” that will take place from May 29th to June 1st, 2013, in Baku, Azerbaijan. A key objective of this Forum is to highlight the need for practical initiatives that promote cultural diversity and coexistence among communities.
- Projects implemented by non-for-profit organizations including non-governmental organizations, charitable organizations, research and educational institutions, labor unions, indigenous groups, faith-based organizations, professional associations and foundations that contribute to living together peacefully in a diverse world from eligible countries are invited to apply.
- Projects must implement approaches and methods to promote living together peacefully in a diverse world.
- Projects must have been operational for a minimum of 1 year with proven positive outcomes.
- The organization has not been previously awarded any of UNAOC grants or competitions, including but not limited to the Intercultural Innovation Award, Youth Solidarity Fund and Marketplace of Ideas.
The project must be implemented in one of the following eligible regions:
- Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- States members of the League of Arab States: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Winners of the selection process will be awarded a monetary prize. The total amount of the prize pool is USD 28,000 distributed as follows:
- 1st prize: USD 10,000
- 2nd prize: USD 7,000
- 3rd prize: USD 6,000
- 4th prize: USD 5,000
The top four finalists will be invited to attend the 2nd World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue that will take place from May 29th to June 1st, 2013, in Baku, Azerbaijan. The final ranking will be announced during the Award Ceremony.
- Objectives: The project supports the objectives of the UNAOC, i.e. improve understanding and cooperative relations among nations and peoples across cultures and religions, and to help counter the forces that fuel polarization and extremism.
- Relevance: is appropriate to the local context and target audiences in which they are implemented.
- Quality: undertakes an in-depth analysis of problems/risks and sets a consistent intervention strategy.
- Clarity: sets clear objectives and draws a logical connection between activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Measurability: results of the intervention are assessable (i.e. number of beneficiaries, polls on attitude change, external assessments, etc.)
- Sustainability: demonstrates that the project has the potential to be sustainable in the mid-long term.
Please note that all applications received after the deadline will not be considered (no exceptions granted). Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
For more information, click here.