Deadline: July 15, 2013
The Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship is inviting outstanding social entrepreneurs around the globe to apply to the its program. The Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship provides unparalleled platforms at the regional and global level to highlight and advance leading models of sustainable social innovation. It identifies a select community of social entrepreneurs and engages it in shaping global, regional and industry agendas that improve the state of the world in close collaboration with the other stakeholders of the World Economic Forum.
The Global Selection is open to all organizations based in:
- Asia/Asia Pacific (except India)
- Europe (except France)
- Latin America (except Brazil, Chile, Venezuela)
- Middle East and North Afrika
- North America
Criteria for selection into the Schwab Foundation Network include:
- Transformative Social Change
- Organizational Sustainability
- Proven Social and/or Environmental Impact
- Reach and Scope
- The Candidate as Ambassador
- Selected winners will be included in the Schwab Foundation network of social entrepreneurs. This includes access to a peer network of social entrepreneurs, special benefits such as pro-bono consulting services and scholarships to executive education courses at world-class institutions such as Harvard Business School, Stanford University and INSEAD.
- The winners will be invited to the regional meetings of the World Economic Forum which are relevant to their work. They are highlighted as leading social entrepreneurs in a plenary session with heads of state and/or corporate leaders.
- Excellent finalists or winners under 40 will also be nominated to the Young Global Leaders network of the World Economic Forum.
- Worldclass social entrepreneurs will be invited to join the global social entrepreneur community, which includes the possibility to be invited to the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos and to contribute to the Global Agenda Councils of the Forum.
For more information, click here.