Applications open for the MJ Bear Fellowships
Deadline: May 31, 2013
The 2013 application for the MJ Bear Fellowship Program. The fellowships identify and celebrate young digital journalists, working independently or for a company or organization, who have demonstrated — through professional experimentation, research or other projects — that they deserve support for their efforts and/or vision.
The fellows are up-and-coming early-career journalists inside or outside the newsroom who are just beginning to make their voices heard in the industry and working to expand the boundaries of digital news. Each Fellowship provides:
- Assignment of a personal ONA mentor for six months
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the Online News Association Conference & Awards Banquet
- Recognition at the ONA conference
- Membership in ONA, with three years’ dues paid in full
Applicants must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Be between the ages of 23 to 30 (as of Oct. 17, 2013)
- Be a working digital journalist (either for an organization or self-employed)
- Be fluent in English
- Be involved in a digital journalism project
- Full-time students are not eligible
- Journalists from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
For more information, click here.