African Development Bank’s 2013 Young Professionals Programme
Deadline: June 21, 2013
Applications for the Young Professionals Programme (YPP) for 2013 is now open! The Program targets motivated and talented individuals under thirty-two (32) years of age, who are committed to African development, have demonstrated outstanding academic and professional achievements, and have demonstrated effective team work as well as leadership potential.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) at the African Development Bank Group aims at attracting highly qualified and motivated professionals from its member countries, to work across the continent and be at the forefront of exciting Bank initiatives that are helping to shape Africa’s future. Other details about the program include:
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) will select/hire twenty (20) young professionals.
- The Young Professionals (YP) will complete a mandatory minimum of two years and maximum of three years on rotational assignments in different organizational units and sectors within the Bank.
- YPs will undergo on-the-job training and mentoring that will equip them with skills, knowledge and experience to address developmental issues in Africa in particular and the developing world in general.
- Upon successful completion of the program, the YPs will be equipped to compete for any relevant job vacancies in the AfDB.
Candidates will have to demonstrate the following in order to be considered:
- Citizen of a member country (regional or non-regional) of the AfDB.
- A maximum of 32 years of age by December 31st of the selection year.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, or any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, and with outstanding academic credentials. All applicants must have completed and obtained a Master’s or equivalent Degree Certificate by the time the vacancy announcement closes to be considered for the program.
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience with a Multi-disciplinary background.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills; dynamism; results-orientation; and problem-solving capability.
- Demonstrated passion for development issues and a commitment to Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
Member Countries: 53 countries in Africa and 24 countries outside the continent (Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America.)
For more information, click here.