#HotJob – Coordinator at ‘Be The Change Academy’ in India
Deadline: May 20, 2013
6-months, Bangalore, India – from June 2013
Start date: July 2013
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Peace Child International is looking for a young person with an entrepreneurial background, business experience or training, competent IT skills and an enthusiasm for empowering young people to translate their dreams into practical business propositions. PCI in partnership with Peace Child India will be opening a new Be The Change Academy in Bangalore, India. The academy is a youth-led job training and enterprise creation centre/incubator with a built-in Revolving Loan Fund, that draws on the talents and energies of local and international volunteers to deliver free training to young people with the germ of a business idea.
- The successful applicant will receive a life-changing experience in Bangalore as the guest of Peace Child India.
- S/he will be provided with accommodation and a living allowance plus health insurance and visa costs.
- Training will be provided in-country on-arrival, with a pre-departure orientation at the PCI International Training Centre near Cambridge in the UK.
- Work with local trainers to adapt the existing training manual to one appropriate for Bangalore.
- Recruit trainees; run the workshops and execute the Certification process.
- Secure involvement of local business persons for BTCA training, mentoring and RLF selection;
- Develop and implement a monitoring and impact evaluation system, setting up reliable control groups, developing/adapting questionnaires, writing up reports for sponsors etc.
- Make sure that deadlines are set and met for the different components of the project.
- Develop / adapt / update the BTCA website, writing blogs and journals on the project.
- Fund-raising: identify potential funding sources; write letters and proposals, make phone calls, do pitches with local staff and volunteers to secure new local funding for the BTCA;
- Research and find out best practice from other local enterprise training and/or micro-credit enterprise creation organizations.
- Degree in business studies desirable.
- Experience in writing business plans.
- Business/entrepreneurial background.
- Some teaching / facilitation experience.
- Experience working with young people.
- Flexible and adaptable (you will work closely with a local counterpart and may only be able to communicate with your trainees through an interpreter as some do not speak English.)
- Experience of working in developing countries (desirable but not essential)
- Some fund-raising experience
- Competent IT skills.
- Ability to learn from local people on the ground who have a wealth of experience in motivating and supporting young disadvantaged people.
Note: Applicants must be able to pay their way to Bangalore, via the UK, if possible. The BTCA will provide food and accommodation, health insurance and a small stipend.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer BTCA Coordinator” in the subject line.
For more information, click here.