Deadline: May 31, 2013
Oakseed Ministries International is pleased to announce their 8th annual international essay contest for youth. Students are invited to explore the issues facing child and family poverty and to offer innovative ideas to help these children. The essay contest is part of a year long effort to raise awareness of the plight of poverty-stricken children around the world.
“Compassion and Breaking the Cycle of Poverty.”
Before choosing your subtopic, please be sure your essay specifically addresses all elements of the full explanation of the chosen subtopic by clicking here.
- The Forms of “Governments” and Effects on Poverty
- Micro-businesses and Their Effects on Poverty
- Where Should the Focus of Poverty Be?
- The Bible and Poverty
- How Can Your Generation Change Poverty?
- Poverty Over Generations
- The Driving Factors of Poverty
Awards and Recognition
- $500 will be awarded to the author of the best essay in each age category.
- Second place essays will receive a $250 award
- Honorable mention will receive a $100 award.
- The winners will be notified in June 2013 and the winning essays posted on the Internet at http://essay.oakseed.org.
Guidelines and Eligibility
You may submit only ONE essay. The essays should not be a clinical assessment of child and family poverty, but a personal response to the crisis of destitute people. It is essential that your essay include elements that display your understanding of a Biblical view of life.
- 17 & Under- 5,000 characters or less (1,000 words in length)
- 18-22- 7,500 characters or less (1,500 words in length)
- The essay must be an original, unpublished work.
- Essays may be written in the formal or informal voice, but most importantly, an individual perspective should be present within the essay.
- Cite all sources used in the text. Do not use footnotes or endnotes. You do not need to provide a bibliography.
- Essays should be typed in 12-point font, double-spaced with 1″ margins. On the lower right corner of your last page enter your word count. Your name must not appear on the essay pages, only on the cover sheet.
- Entries that do not meet these submission guidelines will be automatically disqualified.
NOTE: Please the guidelines in the link below carefully before entering the contest.
For more information, click here.