#Job: Atlas Corps seeks a Program Associate
Deadline: June 10, 2013
Atlas Corps, an international fellowship program that develops leaders, strengthens organizations and promotes innovation in the nonprofit sector is looking for a Program Associate. They are looking for a hard working, service-oriented, internationally minded individual to join their team as the next Program Associate. Atlas Corps is experiencing an exciting period of growth, with plans to grow to 100 Fellows per year by 2015. The Program Associate will play a leading role, working with the Program Team, to recruiting candidates, and supporting Atlas Corps Fellows during their year.
Location: 1825 K St. NW, Washington, District of Columbia, 20006, United States
Education requirements: None
Employment type: Full time
Professional level: Entry level
Salary range (annual, U.S. $): 30,000 – 33,000
Salary details: The expected salary for this entry level role is $30,000.
Benefits: Health insurance; professional development fund after 1 year
The Program Associate is an energetic, organized, and process-oriented individual with inter-cultural competency who contributes to the effective implementation of the Atlas Corps Fellowship. He/she will be responsible for the following among other things;
- Applicant Recruitment and Screening: The Program Associate leads recruitment of top Fellowship candidates and assists the Program Manager with the screening process.
- Pre-Arrival Logistics: The Program Associate will be responsible for shepherding selected Fellows through the pre-arrival process.
- Fellowship Administration: The Program Associate will alternate responsibility for Fellowship administration with the Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years of professional experience, including internships. Special consideration for alumni of national or international service programs (i.e., AmeriCorps, Public Allies, Jesuit Volunteer Corps, Peace Corps, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and process-oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team, establishes priorities, meet deadlines and manages a variety of tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills; proven ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Experience living and/or working overseas (especially in Asia or Africa) is desirable, but not required.
- High level of initiative and follow-through.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort and collegiality in working on a small team.
- Experience working with databases such as Salesforce and other cloud-based tools including Google Drive, WizeHive, Test.com, etc. is desirable, but not required.
Atlas Corps is an equal opportunity employer. This position will probably be filled by a U.S. Citizen due to the fact that State Department requires U.S. Citizens be the ones who manage the J-1 visa process for international participants. However, international candidates are encouraged to apply to participate in their fellowship program.
For more information on how to apply, click here.