2013 Graduate Essay Prize Competition for Doctoral Students
Deadline: September 1, 2013
The Association for Women in Slavic Studies (AWSS) invites submissions for the 2013 Graduate Essay Prize. The prize is awarded to a chapter or article-length essay on any topic in any field or area of Slavic/East European/Central Asian Studies written by a woman, or on a topic in Slavic/East European/Central Asian Women’s/Gender Studies written by a woman or a man. The award carries a cash prize of $250 and the winner will be announced at the ASEEES national convention in November.
- This competition is open to current doctoral students and to those who defended a doctoral dissertation in 2012-2013.
- If the essay is a seminar paper, it must have been written during the academic year 2012-2013.
- If the essay is a dissertation chapter, it should be accompanied by the dissertation abstract and table of contents.
- Previous submissions and published materials are ineligible.
- Essays should be no longer than 50 double-spaced pages, including reference matter, and in English (quoted text in any other language should be translated).
- Completed submissions must be received by September, 1 2013.
For more information, click here.