Deadline: June 1, 2013
Applications are now open for the 2014-15 M Literary Residencies. All international writers (published and unpublished) are invited to apply for one of two M Literary Residencies in Bangalore, India and Shanghai, China.
The M Literary Residency aims to encourage interaction between talented artists and local communities and to foster an interest in the arts within the local communities of the host countries. The intent of the Residency is to provide space and time primarily for writing and location-specific research. It is not to be used as base for travel in order to undertake research further afield
- Bangalore, India: A 10 week residency at Sangam House, in a rural setting near Bangalore, South India from late 2014 to early 2015.
- Shanghai, China: A 10-12 week residency in Shanghai. The residency must be taken up before March 1st, 2015.
- The applicant does not need to be a published author – unpublished writers are
- welcome to apply.
- There are no nationality restrictions for applications. However, applicants should be
- over 21 years old and be writing in English.
- Applications will be accepted in the following genres only: fiction, non-fiction, poetry and dramatic prose.
- Past applicants are welcome to reapply
- Participation in two (2) events:The successful candidate must agree to participate in at least two events within the local community during their stay. This could be a talk or workshop at a school, college or at M’s Literary Salon (for Shanghai residents). Details will be worked out between the fellow and M Residency staff.
- Remaining in Residence: It is expected that fellows will remain in residence throughout the three-month fellowship. Fellows must notify M Residency staff at the earliest opportunity if they expect to have to leave the residency for a period of more than one week. The residency is not a basis from which to travel.
Funding and Benefits
- The successful applicants will have his/her transportation costs to and from the
- residencies covered by the M Residency
- The successful applicants will receive a total stipend of US$1,000 to cover
- additional living costs during their stay.
- Applicants are responsible for their own travel and/or medical insurance and travel
- Accomodation and meals will be provided
For more information, click here.