Enter the 2013 AfriGrowth National Essay Competition
Deadline: June 8, 2013
If you are a young Nigerian Undergraduate interested in research, this is a chance to enter the 2013 AfriGrowth National Essay Competition and make your skills count. The competition is designed to give you the opportunity to participate in the Nation Building process by generating ideas towards effective Youth Mentoring.
Essay Topic Mentoring: A Tool for Youth Empowerment and Employment Generation
- Competition is free and open to Nigerian undergraduates of Institutions of Higher Learning aged 18 – 26 years
- Each entrant must submit only one essay
- All entries must be original works between 800 to 1000 words in length, and must not have been previously published on any media.
- Each entry must have a cover page with the author’s name, school registration/ matriculation number, full residential address, telephone number and email address.
- Every subsequent page must carry the author’s name and registration/matric number.
- Entries must be submitted in MS Word format with double line spacing, and must be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that any other formats outside the afore-mentioned will be disqualified.
Winners of the 2013 Essay Competition will be awarded the following prizes:
- 1st Place Winner – Cash of N50,000 + Laptop Computer
- 2nd Place Winner – Cash of N30,000 + Laptop Computer
- 3rd Place Winner – Cash of N20,000 + BlackBerry Phone
- The three winning essays will be published on the AfriGrowth website.
NOTE: Any entry received after the deadline stated above will not be attended to. Only successful candidates will be notified.
For more information, click here.