The UPFellows Program for International Candidates
Deadline: July 1, 2013
Applications are invited from eligible candidates across the world for the UPFellows Program. The program which is promoted by Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, Barcelona, Spain) is offering 24 International fellowships. The program offers career development opportunities to outstanding junior postdoctoral researchers of any nationality.
UPF Fellows will join one of the most unique and dynamic research environments in Europe, where they will be able to advance in their research and further develop their professional skills with a career development plan guided by a senior scientific mentor. The program aims to attract talented researchers from anywhere in the world to a career in Europe.
- The fellowship is awarded for a period of 3 years.
- UPFellows will receive a three-year contract with a gross salary/year of 47.300€ plus Social Security costs. In addition,
Selected candidates will receive:
- Travel allowance: 800€/year
- Contribution to Research costs: 3,000 €/year
- Other economic benefits: UPF has agreements with a number of providers of consumer products and health, leisure, sports, and travel services which offer employees a wide range of benefits that will be also available to the fellows.
- Access to a wide offer of training activities such as seminars, specific training session, etc.
- They will be provided with the required conditions to develop their research projects with autonomy and within a stimulating environment.
Applications are open to junior post-doctoral researchers from any nationality.
For an application to be eligible, it must be complete, including specifically:
- a full CV
- a statement of research interests and plans for the UPFellow period
- the names of three scholars who are willing to serve as references for the applicant
- an indication of which panel the applicant wishes to consider his/her application
It must document that the applicant
- holds a PhD or will hold a PhD degree by 30th September 2013 (call for applications 2013)
- will undertake transnational mobility, defined as the applicant not having carried out his or her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the submission of the application.
- Short stays, such as holidays, are not considered.
- If you have any queries about your eligibility to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
For more information, click here.