Deadline: July 1, 2013
Now in its 6th edition, the 2013 Life In My City Arts Initiative competition has launched the 2013 Life In My City Arts Festival competition, an annual celebration of creativity and fresh talent in the Nigeria art landscape. The festival is the largest annual gathering of artists and stakeholders of visual arts in Nigeria, featuring exhibitions, talent contest, symposia and workshops to encourage artistic creativity and awareness of cultural and environmental issues.
The competition is initiated by Rocana Nigeria Ltd., an advertising company based in Enugu, and organised with the support of the Alliance Française Network in Nigeria and the Nigerian Council of the Pan-African Circle of Artists (PACA). It encourages and empowers young artists throughout Africa by promoting and commercializing their creative endeavours on a national and international platform.
- Painting/Drawing/Mixed Media
- All interested artists must be below 35 years of age by October 26 , 2013
- Must have been residing and studying/working in Nigeria for at least 5 years before that date.
The festival theme for 2013 is: Out of the Frame, Out of the Box
- Participating artists should attempt to add body to knowledge in the areas of concept formation as well as media and technique, as they address the Jury at each Collection Centre will select quality works that conform with the theme.
- Not more than one artwork per artist may be selected.
- Specifically each work should portray thoughts beyond the usual – “Out of the frame/box” of life and living, such Selected artworks will be sent to the nearest Zonal Centre (Lagos, Enugu, Ibadan, Abuja, Kaduna, Auchi, Port Harcourt & Uyo) for exhibition and that each work should interrogate the general theme of Life In My City, in content, media and technique.
For more information, click here.