Apply for Full Scholarship to Attend the 17th International Conference on AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Africa (ICASA)
Deadline: June 20, 2013
The organizers of the 17th International Conference on AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Africa (ICASA) have created an International scholarship program in order to support the participation of the maximum number of actors in the response to HIV, AIDS and STIs, particularly persons living in resource-limited countries, PLHIV and young scientists in ICASA 2013.
More than 800 citizens of developing countries, NGO workers, members of marginalized communities, PLHIV, persons with disabilities, young scientists and other youth will receive financial aid to participate in the 17th ICASA Conference.
- Anyone can apply to the International Scholarship Program.
- Priority will be given to those whose participation in the 17th ICASA Conference will enhance their work in their own communities and to those who are able to transfer skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Priority will also be given to those whose abstracts have been selected for presentation at the conference
Full and partial scholarships
There are two types of international scholarships available: full and partial.
- Full scholarships include the Conference registration fee, economy-class airfare, modest shared accommodation and a daily subsistence allowance during the conference, December 7 – 11 2013.
- Partial scholarships include any combination of the above.
The decision to award a full or partial scholarship will be made by the Scholarship Program Committee.
Every attempt will be made to assist as many Africans as possible to attend the 17th ICASA Conference. However, the number of international scholarships available is limited. Participants are, therefore, strongly encouraged to seek other funding.
For more information, click here.