Sponsorship for Young Nigerians to Attend the International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa (ICASA)
Deadline: October 31, 2013
Young Nigerians attending the International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa (ICASA) are invited to apply for a sponsorship. Through the Ford Foundation funded “Towards More Informed Responses to the HIV/AIDS Vulnerabilities of Nigeria’s Youth” Project, there is available funding for the sponsorship of young Nigerians who volunteer/work on youth and HIV-related projects to attend and present abstracts at the upcoming ICASA which will be held in Cape Town, South Africa from December 7th – 11th, 2013.
The project is managed by The Population Council, an international, non-profit, non-governmental organization that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable, and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Council works in three thematic areas – HIV and AIDS, poverty, gender, and youth, and reproductive health. Established in 1952, the Council is governed by an international board of trustees with headquarters in New York, USA. Population Council operates in Nigeria under a cooperation agreement with the Federal Government.
To be eligible, the applicant must;
- Be a young Nigerian
- Have experience working or volunteering in HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health projects
- Have a youth and HIV focused abstract accepted for presentation at the ICASA in December 2013
- Be willing to participate in an experience sharing workshop to be held in Abuja upon their return to Nigeria.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should please send the following documents to [email protected] by October 31st, 2013:
1. Completed application form
2. Proof of age (preferably a copy of applicant’s international passport bio-data page)
3. Proof of abstract acceptance
4. Current CV
5. Two letters of recommendation
For more information about the ICASA 2013, click here.