Global Digital Humanities Essay Competition: Up to Four Awards of $500 Each
Deadline: June 30, 2013
The Global Outlook :: Digital Humanities (GO::DH) is pleased to invite applications for the first Global Digital Humanities Essay competition. The competition is for research papers looking at some aspect of the national, regional, or international practice of the Digital Humanities.
Aspects pf the National, Regional or International Practice of the Digital Humanities. Within this, participants may choose their own approach:
- focusing on individual problems or projects (e.g. some specific scholarly, preservation, or cultural heritage issue) or
- broader philosophical, geographical, sociological, political, or other discussion of the practice of Digital Humanities in a global context
Up to four awards of $500 (CAN) each plus an opportunity for fast-track publication in Digital Studies/Le champ numérique. Additional awards, including fast-track publication, may be available for runners up and honorary mentions.
- The competition is open to any interested party including students, graduate students, junior faculty, and researchers unaffiliated with a university or research institution.
- Only one submission is permitted per person.
- Submissions may be in any language.
- Submissions may take the form of extended abstracts (500-1000 words) or complete drafts (recommended length: 6,000-15,000 words).
The committee will adjudicate essays based on;
- their interest and topicality
- the quality and breadth of their research
- the quality of analysis and data.
In each case these criteria will be considered in relation to the chosen topic.
For further information, contact Daniel Paul O’Donnell at [email protected]
For more information, click here.