Deadline: June 30, 2013
Mail & Guardian, a South African-based news publication, is sponsoring two dynamic young African leaders for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: to attend the One Young World Summit 2013, taking place in Johannesburg this year. As part of their commitment to developing young leaders on the continent, they will fully sponsor two delegate places to this year’s summit. In addition, they will cover the travel cost for each delegate from his or her home cities to Johannesburg, if necessary.
M&G is on a hunt for very special candidates to attend this leadership and development conference. One Young World generally looks for candidates with proven leadership ability, and a passion for volunteering and a concern for global issues. We want to sponsor two candidates who display that, and more.
Do you have what it takes? Check out the criteria below, then apply and you could be part of this amazing conference, and experience being mentored by world leaders.
Candidate criteria includes the following:
- One Young World delegates are 18-30 years old at the time of the summit
- Demonstrate leadership potential and skills (many have already had an impact in their home countries on a range of issues)
- Concern about global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- A commitment to volunteering or other extracurricular activity (evidence required)
In addition, the M&G requires the following for the two candidates:
- Involved in some sort of leadership or community project involving digital tools and/or tech innovation
- Display an innovative approach to solving some of the problems facing the continent
- Candidates must be nationals of, and residing, in any African country
For more information and to apply, click here.