The Ockenden International Prize for Organizations of $75,000
Deadline: July 31, 2013
Applications are now invited from organisations with projects, programmes or activities that help refugees and displaced people in Africa, the Middle East or Asia for the Ockenden International Prize of $75,000. Ockenden International is offering a second prize of £10,000 Prize for a project that demonstrably helps refugees or displaced people in the UK. They are looking for pioneering approaches that have proved to be highly effective in promoting self-reliance for displaced communities.
The prizes aims to raise awareness of the scale and range of challenges faced by refugees and displaced people. It also aims to recognize and reward organisations giving inspirational and highly effective support, and enabling self-reliance. The winners receive their prizes during a ceremony at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University, England, in February 2014. The event and the winning projects are publicised worldwide.
- Applicants must be registered as a charity. Applicants can apply on their own organization’s behalf or nominate a non-profit partner or affiliated organization.
- Applicants must be financially sound with high standards of governance.
- Applicants must include a copy of their organization’s most recent accounts with their application and also, if nominating a partner or affiliate, a copy of that organization’s most recent accounts.
- All applications should be made via the online Entry Form.
The judges will, in particular, look for:
- initiatives that promote self-reliance among refugees and displaced people.
- approaches that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and displaced people.
- Work which has been carried out in especially difficult circumstances.
- Organizations with strong governance and financial management.
For more information, click here.