APCOM Seeks Communications Volunteers: Apply Now!
Deadline: July 31, 2013
APCOM is looking for 7 young people from across Asia to participate in a free regional training workshop hosted in Bangkok, Thailand designed to improve their skills in the areas of social media, communications and online technology. The training will be hosted in Bangkok, Thailand from September 9 – 13. Flights and accommodation will be paid for, as well as a small living allowance to cover additional cost for the duration of the training in Bangkok.
- Identify as a young (under 30), man who has sex with other man, gay or transgender person from Asia or the Pacific region,
- A current passport and availability to travel between the dates above (September 9 – 13),
- Reasonable writing and speaking abilities in English,
- A good understanding of social media and online technology,
- High level of connectivity to your local LGBT or PLHIV network/community,
- An outgoing personality and willingness to improve the health and wellbeing of the LGBT and PLHIV community.
*Please note to fully participate in this training you will need to have access your own laptop or personal computer and a digital camera or mobile telephone that is able to take photograph.
Following the training, all participants who are selected for the training will be expected to contribute to APCOM and their respective sub-regional MSM and transgender networks in the following ways:
- Provide local news worthy content
- Interview local services and individuals
- Report on local community organisations and events
- Linking APCOM’s work and services to your community.
For more information about this training, please contact APCOM Communications Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +668 6360 5062
To apply, click here.