Internship Opportunity at ISS in Addis Ababa
Deadline: August 5, 2013
The Conflict Prevention and Risk Analysis (CPRA) division is looking to recruit two interns to be based at the ISS office in Addis Ababa. As an integral member of the CPRA Addis team, the intern will be responsible for providing assistance in tracking and documenting both developments on peace and security in Africa and the response of regional organizations particularly the Peace and Security Council of the AU. The intern will report to a Senior Researcher and will contribute to and learn from the work of the CPRA division in Addis.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a master’s degree in social sciences or law and be at the beginning of their career
- Have a broad understanding of human security issues across the African continent
- Be fluent in English; knowledge of French and other AU languages is preferable
- Be very comfortable operating in a multicultural environment
- Be able to work under pressure in a dynamic team environment
Remuneration and duration
A monthly stipend will be provided. The length of the internship will be for an initial period of 6 months with a possibility of extension for an additional 6-month period depending on the performance of the intern and availability of funding.
For more information, click here.