Entries Invited for CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year Competition 2013
Deadline: August 31, 2013
CBRE is calling all amateur and professional photographers alike! The Urban Photographer of the Year competition challenges you to capture what you consider to be the essence of urban life at any time of day, anywhere in the world. The theme this year, ”Cities at Work’’, encourages you to portray the life of your chosen town or city.
The Urban Photographer of the Year will be the person who, in the eyes of the judges, has best captured the brief to portray the life of a town or city at a given time of day.
This year sees the introduction of a student competition which will run alongside the main competition. When submitting your entries, please indicate that you are a student and please use your university email address as your main contact.
The new categories are as follows:
- Urban regeneration
CBRE is providing prizes for the top three finalists of The Urban Photographer of the Year.
- 1st Prize – Choose from one of five ‘photo-safari’ holidays from a range of exotic locations
- 2nd Prize – The chance to win an OMD camera thanks to Images2Inspire.
- 3rd Prize – Blue Dot dispaly stand. This amazing prize includes lighting, table/carrier and branding of the display stand.
- Anyone over 16 years of age can enter the competition with the exception of employees of CBRE, their associated companies and employees of any company chosen to sponsor prizes for the competition.
- The competition is open to professional and amateur photographers; however the entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright and all other rights in all images, which they enter.
- The entrant must ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright and other rights requirements, that they own the rights to reproduction of their images and that the images which they submit are lawful and in accordance with these rules.
- Images that have won prizes in other competitions are not eligible for this competition.
- Entries that CBRE considers (in its discretion) do not fulfill these eligibility criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified without appeal.
- If ineligibility is discovered after the prizes have been awarded, all prizes received by the wrongdoer must be returned in their original condition or refunded to CBRE to the full retail value of the item
For more information, click here.