The Global Health Council Is Hiring an Executive Director: Apply!
Deadline: August 2, 2013
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of millions across the globe? Are you an entrepreneurial professional ready to take on a new and exciting challenge? Global Health Council needs you.
Reports to: GHC’s Board of Directors
Location: Alexandria, VA/Washington, DC
Status: Exempt/Full Time
GHC, is looking to hire an Executive Director to direct and manage the strategic, programmatic and financial operations of GHC. The Executive Director will support the overall mission and vision for GHC and advance the organization’s strategies and directives while expanding the visibility and thought leadership of GHC. The Executive Director will create and implementhighly targeted effective programs while overseeing and managing the organization’s budget and resources.
The Global Health Council is a membership alliance dedicated to saving lives and improving the health of the 2 billion people living on less than $2 per day. The organization is the only collaborative voice of the global health community and convenes stakeholders around key global health priorities and actively engages key decision makers to influence policy.
- Leadership, Management and Governance
- Development and External Relations
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, in an applicable field of study, with a graduate degree in public health, international relations, or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten years with significant management experience and demonstrated successful, progressive work experience in public policy, advocacy, global health and/or related fields.
- Strategic, global thinker with a deep commitment to the values and mission of GHC, and the ability to influence, inspire confidence, build consensus and work successfully with varied global audiences.
- Well-developed understanding of the global health landscape and key issues, with the ability to recognize emerging issues, assess opportunities and coordinate GHC response. Global health field experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of effective advocacy, with sophisticated understanding of U.S. and international affairs and policy environments, ability to manage high level relationships and outstanding communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Successful experience in leadership and management in similar organizations, ideally with a record of strong organizational performance, demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people, skill in setting priorities and preferably experience managing budgets and working with Boards of Directors.
- Fund-raising experience, with a proven track record of cultivating institutional and individual donors, is strongly preferred.
- Experience with international travel/living preferred
- Position requires travel within the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- Position requires international travel 25% of the time.
For more information, click here.