Deadline: August 31, 2013
The UNHCR has launched a new programme aimed at recruiting some of the world’s top young professionals to work for them in the field, giving them a rare chance to join the international career stream.
The Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) is a competitive point of entry into UNHCR for talented professionals under 40 years of age who have a passion for humanitarian work. This recruitment initiative is designed to identify highly qualified and motivated individuals with the right profiles, willing to be deployed to locations where they are needed most.
UNHCR is seeking people to work in five areas: protection; programme; admin/finance; supply; and human resources. Selected candidates will become associate officers at the P2 level. They will start on the same day, learn from each other, and then be deployed to the field for a two-year assignment.
The Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) is open to highly qualified applicants from outside the organization and to general service, national professional and field service staff within UNHCR, giving them a rare chance to join the international professional career stream. The EHP is open to both external and internal applicants.
Applicants will need to fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Advanced university degree, at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Two years of relevant working experience in the respective functional area;
- Excellent knowledge of English and at least one other UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish). Additional languages are an asset;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team;
- Willingness to serve in conflict zones, deep field locations;
- Willingness to rotate every few years.
Applicants are reminded that this is a competitive program and are requested to provide as much updated information as possible.
For more information and to apply, click here.