Deadline: August 14, 2013
The The Society for International Development – Washington, DC Chapter invites applications for an internship position as “Fall Program Associate” starting September 2nd, 2013 – December 13th, 2013. An internship at SID-Washington is an invaluable opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in international development. As a Fall Associate, you will meet innumerable high-level professionals with years of experience in the field and in Washington, DC – even your future employer!
A stipend of $1,250 is provided upon completion of this short-term internship. Additionally, the SID-Washington staff is committed to helping dedicated individuals find jobs, develop skills that will be critical to future success in the professional sphere, and build their resumes.
- Assist in planning, outreach, preparatory logistics, sponsorship, and registration management for the 2013 Annual Gala Dinner
- Assist with program development for SID-Washington’s more than 20 topical and regional workgroups
- Write summaries of Chapter activities to be published on our website
- Develop outreach materials
- Add to and maintain our membership database and respond to member inquiries
- Assist with various communications initiatives including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and maintenance of website
- Perform general administrative duties (including answering phones, handling mail, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Academic and/or work experience in international development preferred
- Experience with event planning, coordination and implementation
- Ability to solve problems creatively, undertake detail-oriented work, and work well as a member of a team
- Possess initiative and the ability to work independently, but also receptive to direction
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Strong commitment, including ability to take on limited overtime
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with HTML and Adobe Acrobat a plus
- Ability to work full time (5 days per week, 40 hours per week); Preference will be given to those individuals who are available full time and flexible during times leading up to our larger events
- Sense of humor required
For more information, click here.