Deadline: August 2, 2013
Young future leaders and professionals are invited to apply to attend the third Rīga Conference Young Diplomacy Professionals Forum taking place from September 6-7, 2013.
The Forum offers dynamic and active program, workshops, drafting of policy recommendations and networking with young professionals throughout the international community! It will give unique opportunity for 60 young, talented and motivated diplomats, journalists, politicians, state officials in-the-making throughout the international community to meet with the Riga Conference 2013 guests – world class decision makers, academics and experts.
The Forum, which is organised by the Latvian Transatlantic Organisation (LATO), is an annual event taking place simultaneously with one of the leading foreign and security policy forums in Northern Europe for world renowned political, intellectual and business leaders – The Rīga Conference 2013. The forum is an addition to the conference with the aim to inform and involve young professionals.
- Participants with diverse professional and educational backgrounds who share a strong interest in international relations, security and defence issues are welcome to apply.
- All applications are subject to evaluation by a special committee and only selected candidates will participate at the Forum. Only young professionals between 18 and 35 will be selected.
- Applications are welcome from participants from the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, FYRO Macedonia, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, The United Kingdom, The United States, Turkey, Ukraine.
- There is no fee for participation at the Forum.
- Organizers will cover accommodation for three nights and catering during the Forum.
- Participants must arrange and cover travel to and from Riga by themselves, but partial reimbursement of travel expenses is available. Amount of the reimbursement will be decided case by case, after confirmed participants will provide organizers with document (ticket, invoice etc.) indicating the travel expenses.
For more information and to apply, click here.