The Foundation for African Leadership in Business (ALB) offers scholarships to qualified residents of Africa who wish to obtain an MBA through one of their partner universities. ALB aims to aid in the development of Africa, partnering with top-tier MBA programs and corporations to create opportunities for African citizens to join international MBA programs across the globe.
Scholarships are provided in the form of fellowships to African citizens with a demonstrated commitment to returning to Africa post-MBA. Successful applicants will demonstrate community commitment, professionalism, scholarship and entrepreneurial spirit.
- To qualify for the ALB Fellowship Program, applicants should demonstrate the following through their application:
- A commitment to returning to their country after program completion
- Strong professional background, including 3 or more years of work experience
- Strong academic background, including completion of a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- High competency in written and spoken English
- Acceptance to an MBA program
- Completion of the GMAT exam
- All other requirements for admission to the partner school program
- Eligibility for scholarships is merit and need based.
- Fellows are expected to serve as representatives of their country, the African continent, and the ALB Foundation throughout their program and ongoing professional career.
- To ensure that the ALB goals are being pursued throughout the MBA program, all ALB Fellows complete the ALB Fellowship Project, which involves the group development of an entrepreneurial business plan to be implemented in the Fellow’s home country.
- Additionally, all ALB Fellows are expected to commit to returning to their home country following graduation, and remaining there to work for a minimum of two years.
The Foundation for African Leadership in Business is committed to ensuring equal opportunity to all persons without regard to color, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
For more information about the application process, click here.