Deadline: October 30, 2013
Applications are now accepted for the WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship for African women. WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities. The initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education.
- Female students of African origin. living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program.
- Studying in a university or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. Only online applications will be accepted this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational Information
- Responses to essay questions that address career goals. and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card.
Please contact: scholarship@[email protected] for inquiries.
For more information, click here.