Deadline: October 3, 2013
Applicants from all African countries are invited to apply for the Microsoft 4Afrika scholarship program. This is an exciting scholarship opportunity to study towards an associate degree at the University of the People (UoP). Through this program UoPeople and Microsoft will support 1,000 African students to graduate with a world-class academic degree, helping to change the lives of the students, their families and communities and ultimately transforming the continent.
Two degrees will be available via the 4Afrika Scholarship program with UoPeople:
- an Associate of Science in Business Administration (AS-BA) degree or
- an Associate of Science in Computer Science (AS-CS) degree.
Scholarship recipients will also be eligible to further enhance their skills and work experience through participation in additional support programs, including mentorship, training, internship and employment opportunities at Microsoft and their partner companies.
- All admitted applicants living in an African country are invited to apply for this scholarship program.
- Students wishing to apply for 4Afrika Scholarships to attend University of the People must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants must have a high school diploma and be proficient English, as all its coursework is English-language.
- They must also have access to the Internet to be able to participate in the online classes.
To help address the connectivity issue, the company is making available working space in its Microsoft Innovation Centers in Tunisia, Tanzania, Uganda and Botswana for successful applicants near those locations. In addition, Microsoft is working with various partner hubs across Africa to make similar arrangements for students in other locations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the UoPeople online application. Upon admittance to UoPeople, applicants will be invited to submit a request for financial aid from the Microsoft 4Afrika scholarship program.
Scholarships will be granted on a rolling admission basis over 5 terms in the year. This scholarship will be available for eligible students beginning their studies in Term 2, 2013. Students wishing to begin their studies in Term 2, 2013 should complete their entire application no later than October 3, 2013 and will be informed of acceptance to UoPeople by October 24, 2013. The next registration deadline would be December 12, 3013, with applicants informed of acceptance to UoPeople by January 2, 2014.
Don’t miss this incredible scholarship opportunity – apply today! Read the FAQ for details before applying.
For more information and to apply, click here.