Changemakers Festival Crowdfunding Challenge: $5000 in Funds
Deadline: August 16, 2013
StartSomeGood and Social Innovation Xchange Australia are partnering up to give organisations and organisers around Australia the chance to raise funds to hold an event as part of the Changemakers Festival, Australia’s national celebration of social change, November 1-10. The Changemakers Festival Crowdfunding Challenge is offering more than $5,000 in matching funds and fantastic support and exposure for your fundraising campaign.
The festival is a celebration of the great work happening in our community, an exploration of the ideas, techniques and technologies that are driving this change, and an invitation for everyone to get involved in creating a better future for our communities and world. As a distributed festival it is made up of hundreds of events hosted by local organisations in every state and territory, including speakers events, meetups, startup weekends, webinars, workshops, conferences and more.
- This is an invitation to organise an event for the Changemakers Festival and crowdfund it first on StartSomeGood.
- Access More Than $5,000 In Matching Funds
- Most Supporters – The crowdfunding campaign with the most supporters: $1,000
- State and Territory Most Supporters – The crowdfunding campaign with the most supporters in every other state and territory: $500
- Festival Choice – Based on both the quality of the event idea itself (uniqueness, accessibility, impact) and of the crowdfunding campaign (video, rewards and campaign description): $1,000
- Event ideas must be submitted by 5pm Australia EST August 16 via this form
- Submitted events will be approved by the Changemakers Festival for inclusion. Changemakers Festival events can be anything from a workshop to a launch party, a film screening to a social change start-up weekend, a conference to a community working bee and anything you can think of that celebrates, connects, inspires or supports changemakers.
- Once you’re approved you will then be invited to create a campaign on StartSomeGood.com, supported by a member of StartSomeGood’s Venture Support team
- All live campaigns will be featured on Changemakers Festival network page
- All participating campaigns must launch on or before August 21
- All participating campaigns must conclude on or before September 13
- All participating campaigns must have a minimum tipping point goal of $2,000
- As with any other campaign on StartSomeGood participating campaigns must adhere to StartSomeGood’s values and criteria.
- To be a “supporter” someone must make a pledge to your campaign of any amount. Only one pledge/person is counted towards your supporter total.
For more information, click here.