Deadline: August 31, 2013
Applications are now invited for the Wangari Maathai Scholarship Fund. This is an environmental innovations fund set up in memory of Prof. Wangari Maathai that is aimed at developing action-oriented young people with strong values and commitment to the conservation of the physical and social environment in Kenya. A scholarship award from the fund is given each year to a young woman who has demonstrated passion and personal commitment to environmental conservation. This individual must also demonstrate their ability to successfully mobilize people and provide leadership in environmental advocacy.
This is the second call for application. The fund has been established by The Rockefeller Foundation, The Green Belt Movement and Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF).
- A young woman of between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
- Kenyan citizens currently residing in Kenya
- The scholarship is limited to applicants who have enrolled in a Kenyan tertiary institution
- Ability to demonstrate the environmental conservation project(s) they have started or have been involved in and how those initiatives have impacted people in their community, in ways that have improved environmental health and sustainability, and the fund’s goals of achieving a greener, cleaner and a more sustainable community.
How to Apply
- Download Application Form
- Completed APPLICATION FORMS can be submitted by email to [email protected].
- Printed copies may be submitted to KCDF Offices on 4th Floor, MorningSide Officer Park, Adams Arcade, Ngong Road, to be received on or before 5.00pm, 31st August 2013.
Applicants must cross check with the checklist that all the required attachments are included; otherwise incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
For more information, click here.