Google EMEA Travel Grant for 2013 Grace Hopper Conference: Apply now!
Deadline: August 22, 2013
Google is excited to offer travel sponsorship to the 2013 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference taking place in Minneapolis from October 2nd – 5th, 2013. This is part of their ongoing commitment to increasing the number of women in engineering. The theme for this year’s conference is “Think Big. Drive Forward” and will offer incredible opportunities for mentoring, networking, and technical and career development.
Female university students and information technology industry professionals excelling in computer science are invited to apply for travel grants to attend the Grace Hopper conference (the “Grace Hopper Travel Sponsorship”). Google will pay for successful applicants’ conference registration, airfare to and from the conference and hotel accommodation whilst attending the conference.
The Grace Hopper Travel Sponsorship winners will be announced the week of September 4th.
- Applicants must be either female university students or information technology industry professionals.
- University Students: A female student enrolled in a bachelors, masters or PhD program (or equivalent) for the 2013-2014 academic year or a current student who is graduating in 2013 or later. Applicants must be enrolled at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply. Student applicants must be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field.
- Information Technology Industry professionals: A female professional software engineer working in the industry. Must be a citizen or permanent resident of a country in Europe, Middle East or Africa.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for Grace Hopper Travel Sponsorship.
- Applicants must be available to travel to the conference between October 2 – 5, 2013.
- Current Google employees or current Google interns are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of August 8, 2013.
Travel and visa arrangements.
- Applicants will be responsible for securing and paying for any applicable visas required in order for them to attend the conference.
- The Grace Hopper Travel Sponsorship will cover the registration fee for the Grace Hopper Conference, airfare to and from the conference and hotel accommodation.
For more information, click here.