Deadline: August 23, 2013
The Association Poesia e Solidarietà, Study and Documentation Centre for Youth Culture – University of Trieste have announced a call for papers for the 6th edition of World Youth Forum “Right to Dialogue” taking place in Trieste, Italy from October 4 – 6, 2013.
Eligible participants are invited to treat the theme: “Global/City” which means to understand the problems posed by globalization as our problems as citizens of a particular country and territory, learning to intertwine experiences and knowledge in order to build communities consciously participant of the “Global Dimension”: in so far this really affects the life of people, who have to interact on multiple levels.
The treatment of this topic is absolutely free and can be developed on the base of personal experiences lived by each participant in his\her own Country of origin (experiences in the work place, or in institutions, at school\university, in private life, or through reflections about history, art…).
Suggested traces for the debate:
- Air Water Fire Earth: Elements & Ecosystem.
- Being Citizen in the Global/City: new duties, new rights, new commitment
- New Citizenship between Knowledge and Solidarity. Experiences
- Global/city in the arts
- Participants must be 18 to 35 years of age. Justified exceptions are accepted.
- The Forum is open to associations, clubs, artistic and cultural groups composed by young people, or particularly dedicated to young people. Furthermore, it is open to all those who deal with social issues or voluntary work. Youth workers, families and teachers are particularly invited to accept as an input for reflections the demands, contradictions, hopes, disenchantment expressed by young people as well as the proposals, the analysis and their noble naivety.