UNDP Sri Lanka Internship Opportunity: Communications Assistant Vacancy
Deadline: August 23, 2013
Candidates interested in an internship position at UNDP Sri Lanka are invited to apply for the position of ‘Communication Assistant’. The program will take between 3 to 6 months starting from September 2013. Under the direct supervision of the Communications Analyst, the intern will be expected to provide support to the communication functions of UNDP and RCO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist the RCO and UNDP Communications Unit in the following tasks:
- Assist with the preparation and production of communication materials, including fast facts brochures, newsletters and publications.
- Update UNDP Sri Lanka social media on a regular basis with relevant material, highlighting key events and achievements.
- Assist in conducting of any campaigns and events the UNDP/RCO communications unit undertake.
- Provide support in developing Public Service Announcements capturing key messages of UNDP Sri Lanka’s work.
- Assist in conducting of events in collaboration with the UN Communications group.
- Assist in the coordination of outreach activities.
- Assist in planning and implementing new initiatives.
- Assist in writing press releases and feature articles related to activities/events.
- Assist the Communications Unit with any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree [ or pursuing final year] in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent;
- Relevant working experience in the field of communications and public relations, preferable;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, Sinhala and Tamil an advantage;
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Proactive (able to pro-actively undertake tasks that fall under TORs)
- Team Player
- Excellent writing skills
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills
- Polite and outgoing
For more information, click here.