Deadline: September 3, 2013
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is pleased to announce the Fall 2013 Fellowship programme and invites applications from European and North American young professionals in the MENA region. The objective of the Fellowship programme is to contribute to enhance knowledge and understanding between peoples and societies from Muslim-majority countries, mainly from the Arab World, and from Europe and North America.
The programme creates an opportunity for emerging leaders from these societies to get acquainted with the diverse realities and cultural, political and religious environments of the others. This year the Fellowship program will be in November 2013 (Dates TBC). Fellows will travel to three countries (TBD) in the MENA region. Airfare and transportation, lodging and food expenses are covered by the programme.
About the Fellowship
The UNAOC is a competitive Fellowship program designed to foster mutual understanding, trust, cooperation and dialogue between emerging leaders from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Europe, Canada and the United States. The program is sponsored by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany in partnership with the League of Arab States, Guerrand-Hermes, ISESCO, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Jordan, the Qatar foundation, OIC and the Institute for International Education.
MENA Fellows travel to 3 countries in Europe and 3 States in the United States. European, Canadian and American Fellows travel to 3 countries in the MENA region. Fellows meet with host country officials, government leaders, representatives of the media, NGOs, academics and religious groups to gain a multidimensional perspective of the political, economic and social background of each country.
In order to apply for the Fellowship, applicants have to meet these criteria
- Citizens of countries located in North Africa and the Middle East or North America and Europe
- Accomplished and influential young professionals and leaders recognized by your communities with the potential to become key leaders in your field in the near future
- Active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields
- Willingness to use this experience in your leadership position
- Motivated and available to take part of an approximately 15-20 day-full program as scheduled by the organizer and to respect all rules and regulations on locations from the organizer and the host countries (a commitment letter will be given for you to sign)
- Be no younger than 28 and no older than 38 years of age
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Possess a passport valid at least 6 months beyond the assigned Fellowship dates
Airfare and transportation, lodging and food expenses are covered by the programme.
For more information, click here.