Deadline: October 31, 2013
Do you have an amazing success story that is powered by the web? How has the web powered you? Have you achieved success since getting getting connected to the web? Share your story and you could get funding to help grow your success. Submit your story for a chance to win one of the five cash prizes.
Google and their partners launched a new ‘Africa Connected’ success story campaign. Africa Connected is focused on showcasing everyday success stories being made with the help of the web and Google. In an effort to help boost the social and economic impact being created by Africans who have embraced the web, Google is offering up five prizes of $25,000 each to the most inspiring stories established on the continent where the web has played a pivotal role in achieving success.
Africa Connected is aimed at creating a platform to:
- Drive the largest collection of inspiring stories about ventures established on or propelled by the web by Africans in Africa
- Demonstrate how these achievements are having social and economic impact in the everyday lives of people across the continent
- Encourage users of the web in Africa to learn more about all the things that they can do on the web with Google
- $25,000 will be given to five of the top most inspiring stories in Africa and be disbursed upon winners being announced. For details, visit the terms and conditions.
- In addition and at Google’s discretion, winners may gain access to a Google expert who can help provide advice on shaping their plans to scale their achievement and incorporate Google products.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be:
- above the age of majority in the country, state, province or jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry;
- resident in one of the 55 countries in Africa excluding Sudan;
- not a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions; and
- have access to the Internet as of August 27, 2013
- Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Google Partners are not eligibile
- Adhere to Submission Rules
- Review Terms and Conditions
Entries must demonstrate use of the web, a Google product, have demonstrable social and/or economic impact and have potential to scale and grow if funded. Winners will be selected across five categories; Education, Entertainment/Arts/Sports, Technology, NGO/Community and Small Business (SME). Each entry will reviewed and shortlisted based on submission rules. The top 20 will be judged against the following criteria:
- Originality of concept
- Level of social and/or economic impact
- Relevance to specific African country or region
- Use of Google products or platforms
- Potential to scale or grow
Are you a young, spirited web adopter living in Africa? Are you using the web to do cool and extraordinary things? Has the web enabled you to positively change your life, grow your business or affect the lives of those around you in a creative way? Are you willing to showcase your achievement for a chance to win prize funding to help make it bigger for greater impact? Google would love to hear from you.
Africa Connected Success stories powered by the web is an initiative by Google in collaboration with their partners.
For more information, click here.