Deadline: September 15, 2013
Applications are invited from suitable candidates who intend to commence with full-time Master’s and Doctoral studies at the University of Cape Town in 2014. The David and Elaine Potter Foundation has established a Fellowship Programme, which will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence, to support excellent South African students who intend to contribute to civil society in South Africa, by leveraging their educational advantage in any discipline. The Doctoral Fellowship Value is R130,000 and the Master’s Fellowship Value is R90,000 (1st year) and R95,000 (second year).
Thoughtful men and women, who are excited by the prospect of helping to lead South Africa into an ever more successful future are invited to apply for these Fellowships.
- Only applications from candidates who are studying outside of the Western Cape will be considered in the 2nd years of Masters or Doctoral study – and for the 3rd year of Doctoral study
- Candidates from any field of study will be considered, whether you are an engineer, an economist, a political scientist or a lawyer.
- Only candidates with a final Honours degree mark of 65% and above are eligible to apply.
- The tenure of the award is one year. However, renewal for the first and second years of the Master’s degree and for the first, second and third years of the Doctoral degree will be considered. Renewal of awards is not guaranteed and all renewals will be contingent on the individual student’s satisfactory academic progress and on the availability of funds.
- Successful candidates are expected to complete their degrees within the above time frames, as no extensions to the time-frame above will be given.
For more information, click here.