Deadline: October 28, 2013
Entries are now accepted for the 2013 Global Sustainable Energy Essay Contest. The contest provides an exciting opportunity for college and university students around the world to engage in critical thinking and present their ideas and solutions to tackle the key energy issues that humanity faces today.
Essay Topic: A Vision for The Decade (2014-2024) of Sustainable Energy for All
As energy resources become scarce and climate change becomes an increasingly pressing reality, it is imperative to involve and engage students—the decision-makers of tomorrow—to discuss real and practical solutions on how energy can be used and provided in a sustainable and accessible way.
The Global Energy Essay Contest provides a platform for students from all backgrounds with an opportunity to share and expand their unique understanding of the worldwide urgency surrounding these issues, and the opportunity to be recognized for important contributions to shaping a sustainable future for all.
- The essay contest is open to all students from across the world that are currently enrolled in university working towards a degree program (e.g. B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S, M.B.A, M.Ed., Ph.D., etc) to take part in the contest.
- Students from all disciplines who have an interest in energy and sustainability issues are strongly encouraged to participate.
Essay Contest Guidelines
- The essay must be written in English, typed and double-spaced
- The essay should contain between 1,200 to 1,500 words (excluding bibliography and citations)
- Please include the application form, which can be downloaded from our website
- Students must produce their own work and use proper citations where appropriate. Common styles such as APA or MLA are acceptable and should be consistent throughout the essay
- References should appear as endnotes, not footnotes.
The First and Second place winners will receive an invitation to the Global Energy Conference at the United Nations from December 11-12, 2013. The First place winner will also have a speaking opportunity during the award presentation ceremony. Airfare and accomodation to New York will be covered. The top ten finalists will receive certificates from Global Energy Initiative.
For more information, click here.